To be the most prominent, most reliable and most environmentally responsible construction firm in Sri Lanka
To construct sustainable structures for our customers by committing to international standards and best practices in order to strive to satisfy all the interested parties.
We at Sathuta are committed to complete our projects on time, with
cost effectiveness and superior quality matched with specifications,
within the legal framework and in a safe working environment, while meeting
the requirements of consultants, and winning the hearts of clients by
employing competent, well trained and motivated employees and efficiently
deploying other necessary resources. We are also committed to follow the
Japanese Kaizen philosophy of “Continuous Improvement” in all our activities.
The quality management system is regularly reviewed by the top management for
accuracy and to better align with our goals. We plan to:
- Improve turnover and profitability by monitoring overall business, project costing and monitoring while maintaining a minimum of 5% return on investment
- Complete the project undertaken within the scheduled time to the highest quality, satisfying the client requirements. The variation from the planned program must be less than 10%. However, the final project completion date must be achieved
- Maintain a customer satisfaction level of over 95%
- Maintain a high quality in outputs by using inputs as per client’s specifications while achieving a supplier performance level of over 65%
- Maintain the maintenance and breakdown repair costs below 0.5%
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness while minimizing the wastage of work by proper planning, communication and supervision. Planned material quantity must not be varied more than 2%
- Operate as an organization that obeys government regulations, complies with ISO 9001:2015 and other relevant regulatory requirements while preserving the safety and health of all employees and other parties affected by the work. Also, it should be made sure that there are zero complaints from outside parties and zero non-conformities from internal audits
- Guide and improve competencies of our employees on meeting requirements by arranging training sessions (as per requirements) and monitoring the effectiveness of training while maintaining a staff turnover rate below 10%
The commitment to implement a successful Quality Policy begins with an organization's top management.
As MD, I therefore affirm my commitment to this policy. We recognize that we are all responsible
for the quality of our work and must maintain a good quality in all our activities.
Occupational safety and health (OHS) Policy
We at SATHUTA are committed to best practices in occupational health & safety and
prioritises this against all other business objectives. SATHUTA strives for continual
improvement in order to provide a safe and healthy working environment
for employees and others affected by the company activities. It will take
positive action to ensure the employees, occupiers of premises and members of the
public do not have their health and safety adversely affected by the work operations of the Company.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To ensure that all working places are maintained in a safe and healthy condition
- To fully and effectively control the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery is maintained, and materials and substances are used, handled and stored safely
- To ensure that accident and ill health prevention is given the highest priority, commensurate with the business objectives, within all company operations
- To engage and consult on health and safety matters, with our employees, and others who we may control to ensure this policy and arrangements for health and safety are kept up to date
- To ensure that all employees are provided with adequate supervisory training, information and instructions to competently carry out their work activities
- To allow employees the right to refuse work if they reasonably believe a situation to be of serious and imminent danger and which they could not reasonably be expected to avert
- To provide adequate resources, including sufficient finance, and access to competent health and safety advice, to achieve the aims of this policy
- To review this policy statement annually or when necessary due to changes in the work practices or legislation
SATHUTA requires the full co-operation and support from all our employees and other parties,
in adopting health and safety conscious working methods.
The top management will give full backing to this policy and support all those who endeavour to carry it out.
Environmental (EMS) Policy
SATHUTA BUILDERS (PVT) LTD is an environmentally conscious organisation, acknowledging the impact that
our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of
SATHUTA is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Fulfilling its compliance obligations under all applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Minimizing the adverse impacts of our operations on the environment through pollution prevention & control and the ecological waste management
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- Acting to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
- Being committed to continual improvement of the environmental management system
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- Recycling of scrap metals through a company on the approved supplier list where the managerial and supervisory staff have responsibility of the implementation of the EMS
- Being committed to protecting the environment inside and outside our scope
The commitment to implement a successful Environmental Policy Statement begins with an organization's
top management. As MD, I therefore affirm my commitment to this policy. We recognize that we are
all responsible for the environmental performance of our work. and must remain environmentally
responsible in all our activities.